Software Subscription: LIC-MS320-48FP-3YR is a EOS Meraki MS320-48FP Enterprise License and Support, 3YR.
Subscription for: Meraki MS320-48FP
Cisco Meraki’s per-device licensing model provides customers with the flexibility to assign licenses directly to specific devices or networks. This allows IT teams to manage shared or individual expiration dates across devices, networks, or organizations, tailoring it to your business needs.
Per-device license LIC-MS320-48FP-3YR, offers several key features and benefits:
- Individual Device Licensing: Assign license to specific devices or networks, such as MR, MS, MX, MV, MG, or in the case of VMX and SM licenses, a network. Maintain either shared or separate expiration dates based on your requirements.
- Partial Renewals: Renew all devices or a selected subset, giving you control and flexibility over your licensing.
- License Mobility: Easily move licenses (including devices) between different organizations without needing Meraki support. This functionality is accessible through the dashboard and APIs.
- 90-Day Activation Window: You have up to 90 days to claim and assign your licenzes before they become active. This extended period allows for efficient deployment.
- API Integration: Leverage APIs for claiming, assigning, and moving licenses, enabling automation and integration with other systems.
- Individual Device Management: If a license expires on a device, Meraki will only shut down that specific device or product after a 30-day grace period.
LIC-MS320-48FP-3YR License True-Ups (Shared Expiration Date)
For customers aiming to synchronize expiration dates across devices with varying expiration dates, one-day license SKUs are available. These SKUs can be applied to adjust expiration dates to match or extend the furthest expiration date among devices.
For instance, if a customer has two devices, one expiring on January 1, 2020, and another on January 31, 2020, they can purchase (30) one-day SKUs to align the first device’s expiration with the latter.
It’s important to note that license time cannot be split and applied across multiple devices. For instance, if a customer has an additional one-year license and 12 devices, they can only apply it to one device, not distribute it for one month across 12 devices.
MX License Variants
The MX security appliance offers three licensing options: Enterprise, Advanced Security, and Secure SD-WAN Plus. It’s important to note that the selected licensing edition must be consistent across your organization. In other words, you can have all 25 appliances using either Enterprise Edition, Advanced Security Edition, or Secure SD-WAN Plus Edition, but you cannot have a mix such as 20 appliances using one edition, 5 using another, and 3 using the third edition. If you intend to utilize different editions for various appliances, you’ll need to create three separate organizations: one for appliances with Enterprise Edition, another for those with Advanced Security Edition, and a third for appliances using Secure SD-WAN Plus Edition.