Cisco Part Number: C9500-48Y4C-E is a Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series high performance 48-port 25G switch, NW Ess. License
The Cisco Catalyst 9500X switch, powered by Cisco Silicon One Q200 ASIC, is purpose-built for the next-gen core, offering a programmable pipeline (P4). With switching capacity up to 12.8 Tbps full duplex, it excels in the enterprise, providing high-performance, full routing and switching capabilities without external memories. The Q200 ASIC, featuring on-chip High Bandwidth Memory (HBM), ensures efficient operation. The Catalyst 9500X is equipped with a high-performance multiple-core x86 CPU, serving as Cisco’s premier fixed core and edge services enterprise switching platform. It caters to security, IoT, and cloud requirements, making it the industry’s first fixed 10, 25, 50, 40, 100, 200, and 400 Gigabit Ethernet switch tailored for the enterprise campus. Offering unparalleled forwarding scale and deep buffering for enterprise applications, the Catalyst 9500X includes non-blocking 50 Gigabit Ethernet SFP-56 and non-blocking 400 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP-DD ports.
Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Features:
- Unified Access Data Plane ASIC for advanced tech support.
- Switching capacity up to 6.4 Tbps, 2 Bpps forwarding.
- 36 MB unified buffer per ASIC.
- Intel 2.4-GHz x86 CPU with up to 960 GB storage.
- Nonblocking ports: 32x100G, 32x40G, 48x25G, 48x10G.
- Scalable Layer 3 routing and Layer 2 switching tables.
- Hardware support for Application Hosting (e.g., Cisco ThousandEyes Enterprise Agent).
- Built-in IEEE 802.1ba AV Bridging (AVB) for improved AV experience.
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP) for accurate clock synchronization.
- Support for static/dynamic NAT and Port Address Translation (PAT).
- Cisco StackWise Virtual for operational efficiency and high resiliency.
- Platinum-rated AC and/or DC power supplies.
- Field-replaceable fan-tray units.
- Meraki Cloud monitoring option available.
Catalyst C9500-48Y4C-E performance specification comparison:
|Performance numbers for all switch models||C9500-24Q||C9500-12Q||C9500-40X||C9500-16X||C9500-32C||C9500-32QC||C9500-48Y4C-E||C9500-24Y4C||C9500X-28C8D||C9500X-60L4D|
|ASIC||UADP 2.0||UADP 3.0||Q200|
|Switching capacity||Up to 1920 Gbps||Up to 960 Gbps||Up to 960 Gbps||Up to 480 Gbps||Up to 6.4 Tbps2||Up to 3.2 Tbps2||Up to 3.2 Tbps2||Up to 2.0 Tbps2||Up to 12 Tbps||Up to 9.2 Tbps|
|Forwarding rate||Up to 1440 Mpps||Up to 720 Mpps||Up to 720 Mpps||Up to 360 Mpps||Up to 2 Bpps||Up to 1 Bpps||Up to 1 Bpps||Up to 1 Bpps||8 Bpps||8 Bpps|
|Total number of MAC addresses||Up to 64,0001||Up to 82,0001||Up to 256,0001|
|DRAM||16 GB||16 GB||32 GB|
|Flash||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB|
|Jumbo frame||9,198 bytes||9,216 bytes||9,216 bytes|
2 Line rate for 187byte packet size and above.